You may login to your Freedom policy to start your claim by filling out our online Accident/Loss report or you may call our claims department at 1-888-542-4222 option 1.
- Check for any injuries and call 911 if anyone is hurt.
- If the accident is minor and there are no serious injuries, move the vehicles to a safe place out of moving traffic and turn on your hazard lights.
- Call the police, even if the accident is minor.
- Get the name, address, phone number and driver’s license number of each driver, passenger and witness as well as the name of the insurance company and policy number for each vehicle involved. Write down the license plate number, year, make and model of the vehicle and the damage to the vehicles.
- If possible, take photos of the accident.
- Do not discuss fault. Never discuss the accident with anyone other than the police or your Freedom representative.
- Report the accident to Freedom immediately at 1-888-542-4222.
If your windshield has a chip or crack that’s smaller than a dollar bill (six inches), you can probably repair it instead of completely replacing it. Windshield repair is a quick, safe, cost-effective alternative to windshield replacement.
It’s safe and effective
A quality repair can restore the structural integrity of the windshield - one of the most important structural reinforcement components of your vehicle in the event of a crash or rollover. A repair almost always prevents the damage from spreading and makes the blemish much less noticeable, without removing and replacing the glass.
It’s convenient and quick
Windshield repairs only take about 30 minutes to complete, and you can drive away immediately.
It’s environmentally friendly
Windshields are not easily recycled. Since the windshield is not removed nor disposed of during a windshield repair, the process is environmentally friendly and eliminates potential waste from entering a landfill. It’s one more thing you can do to help the environment.
Reporting a claim:
A claim can be reported by calling the Freedom Claims Dept. at (888)542-4222 or by logging into your policy on the Freedom website and filling out our Accident/Loss report. It is best to have as much information as possible available when reporting a claim to make the process as efficient and facilitate the claims process
What to expect once you have reported a claim:
The claim is assigned to a claims adjuster within 2 business days.
A coverage review is done to determine if coverage is in order or if there is a coverage issue. If there is a coverage issue the loss is assigned to our coverage analyst for investigation.
If coverage is in order the file is assigned to a liability adjuster who will contact the parties involved and confirm the facts and obtain recorded statements on complex, disputed or injury claims. The claims adjuster will also order police reports and set up vehicle inspections accordingly. In some cases where insured has liability only coverage the claims handler may request photos of the insured vehicle to assist in the investigation. Once the liability investigation is complete a liability decision as to who is at fault is made and the file is resolved accordingly.